XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> The Road to Success

The Road to Success

Posted on 06. Aug, 2010 by .

Photo made by Sam llic

One of the main problems every entrepreneur has, is to find a way to keep going, to motivate himself. That’s what I want to cover in this short post.

How do you keep going when you doubt everything you have done?

Goals

Reaching your goals is never easy. Still if you have a goal and work hard towards it then nothing is impossible. One of my main goals is to make money online. Not necessarily just to make money but also because for me it means independence from my parents.

I believe I work hard towards this goal. And it’s not always easy to keep going. Yet there is one thing that always motivates me when I am so close to giving up:

Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

-Thomas Edison

This is what keeps me going all the time.

How do you motivate yourself? How do you keep going?

22 Responses to “The Road to Success”

1. Harsh Agrawal

06. Aug, 2010

Short, quick and to the point post..
    For me its always Goal + a plan + hard work..
    a plan is a necessary for any goals and without it, hard work will be a waste…

• Julius

07. Aug, 2010

Yeah that’s also what I do all the time. Still it’s sometimes hard to motivate yourself to do it, you know?! That’s where the quote helps me, it always keeps me going ;)

2. Ryan

06. Aug, 2010

Hi Julius Kuhn-Regnier. !
    Can i exchange link with your blog ?

• Julius

07. Aug, 2010

I usually don’t exchange links but thank you for the offer. It would also probably be better for you to search for blogs that are related to your blog. That way blog owners would be much more willing to exchange links and it would definitely give you a boost in search engine results.

3. Well, I always think about my wife… because I doesn’t want her to work the same as me, I want her enjoy whatever she like other then work, and at the same time I could spend more time with her.

• Julius

07. Aug, 2010

Yeah whatever works for you is fine. I just found that simply reading and reading that quote all over again helped me to keep on going ;)

4. Tinh

09. Aug, 2010

Setting goals and the road to achieve it is not easy at all. But, it is for us to cope with :-)

• Julius

09. Aug, 2010

Yeah thank you Tinh. It’s hard to reach your own goal but it’s important to keep on going. How is your blog going?

5. Hung | JVPRIME

10. Aug, 2010

One more article motivates us to take action.

• Julius

10. Aug, 2010

I am glad it does. I just thought of sharing the quote since it has been extremely useful to me.

6. Tia

11. Aug, 2010

Like you, I try to set goals but I need to start making them longer. Somewhere along the way I started making short term goals, but forgot to make long ones, and it’s good to have both.

Cheers,
    Tia

p.s. will respond to your email shortly!

• Julius

13. Aug, 2010

Thank you Tia for the comment. I agree, both are important. And I think that long term goals are even more important then short term ones.

7. Eric

12. Aug, 2010

That’s a great reminder and we ALL need reminders throughout our lives to help us keep going and keep fighting toward what we’re after.

I think the main thing in reaching your goals in life is to remember that it’s the consistent action takers who will get there. They are also the people who will help others get there as well.

• Julius

13. Aug, 2010

Thanks Eric. Yeah it’s good to be reminded on these things. It’s extremely hard to keep going all the time and I think everyone has experienced this. That’s where this quote comes in and helps me to stay focused.

And yes without taking action you won’t make it. You need to consistently take action.

8. Michael

20. Aug, 2010

Hi Julius

Nice short post, dude. What keeps me motivated? Many things, but meeting and connecting with bloggers and the pursuit to provide some value to my readers.

I agree with Eric here that “it’s the consistent action takers who will get there.”

Thanks for sharing

Michael

• Julius

20. Aug, 2010

Thanks Michael. I agree with what you are saying and it’s true that as Eric said “it’s the consistent action takers who will get there.” But that’s not what motivates you is it?

I just wrote the short post to show the best way there is for me to motivate myself. And that is simply reading that little quote. Great comment Michael.

9. Sherryl Perry

21. Aug, 2010

I use lists…. lots of little lists where I can cross them off and visualize getting closer to my goals – kind of like running down a winding road and as I reach each mile marker, I think I’m that much closer.

• Julius

21. Aug, 2010

Nice Sherryl. I do that too. It just feels go being able to cross of things on your list. After a while you even start to perfect that method. The thing is that whatever you write down should be something that could be done maybe in one or two hours but not more. At the end of the day you feel so much better seeing all of things crossed out.

10. Mandeep

25. Aug, 2010

Short and to the point. One thing that keeps me going is my dreams. I always wanted my first car to be a Lamborghini but, somehow I lost the dream as I was growing up. However, I will always keep going until I am successful. Very interesting quote and very true. You never know how close you are to success when you decide to give up.

• Julius

25. Aug, 2010

Hey Mandeep,

thank you for your comment. Well you know as long as you pursue your dreams nothing is impossible. You just have to keep working on it. I personally hope to be able to travel the world using the money I make through the Internet.

That quote helped me to keep on going so often. Every time I am thinking about giving up I repeat it in my head over and over again. It helps me to keep going.